In my last Video, New Beginnings and Extreme Faith, I told you about recently losing my job and having complete faith in God’s plan.
After studying stories and verses of faith in the bible, I found Eight Characteristics that exemplify what Extreme Faith is. I want to share with you those characteristics so that, in hopes, you can better understand what Extreme Faith looks like and how You can use it for your own personal walk with God.
Hebrews 11:1 explains the basic definition of Faith:
“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”
This leads to the First Characteristic of Faith:
1. We may not be able to See what God is working on, but Believing God is Working anyway. God has a whole master plan for our lives, and he uses everything that happens to us for the bigger picture of his plan. Sometimes we can tell when he uses circumstances for his glory, and other times it feels like he is not there at all. All the tough times, learning lessons, blessings, and little things of life all fit together to form his master plan for our lives. Whether it feels like he is there or not have faith that God is working with the Bigger Picture in Mind.
2. Expect God to Work and Provide. In Hebrews 4:6 it says we can Rest in God because he will help us in times of need. We need to have an Attitude of Expectancy because God has already promised to bless those who love him. It may not happen the way you were expecting, or the way you want, but you can rest assured that it will happen the way God wants.
3. Satan is going to Try to get us to Doubt and Fear; Faith is Not giving into it. The opposite of Faith is Fear. Since Jesus said “Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33) then there is no room to be anxious, worry or have fear about the future. Doubting this truth is purely Satan. Take refuge in God.
4. Extreme Faith is not Running Away, but Knowing God is in Control. “If God is for us, then who can be against us?!” (Romans 8:31). Sometimes, I think in the midst of our trials and daily life we forget God is in complete control. He holds the “Remote” to our lives, and has the power to change the channel when he wants. The trick is Trusting him, and choosing not to Run away when things get hard or don’t go the way we want.
5. Faith is More than Believing; Faith is Living your Beliefs. By faith, you accept what Jesus has done for you, receive him as the one and only who can save you from sin, and live out your faith by obeying his commands.
6. Extreme Faith is Showing it through our Actions. Some people (I have been fully guilty of this at times) talk about faith, but that is all it is… Talk! Their lives do not reflect Gods power or work in their lives. God judges our motives behind our actions, not just our actions. Ask yourself if you are truly Showing your faith to the world with a Pure Heart!
7. Extreme Faith will Change you Inside and Out. True faith transforms our mind, body, and soul; meaning it changes your thoughts, actions, and you are guided by the holy spirit. If our life remains unchanged then we don’t truly believe the truths that we claim to believe.
8. Extreme Faith is Leaning on God despite our Feelings or Circumstances. The bible tells us to Humble ourselves before the Lord. To be humble we need to understand that this Life is not about us, it is about God. It involves leaning on Gods power and his Guidance and refusing to go our own Independent way (James 4:10).
With all the Characteristics of Extreme Faith we are challenged to Act upon our faith and love for God. With any Challenge it is vital to be Patient and Trust Gods plan for Good in your Life (Jeremiah 29:11).
“Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” ~Hebrews 10:36
I Pray that you will spend Time with God and ask him to Show you the areas of your life and circumstances that you need to Show Extreme Faith. I pray that You will Trust God to provide for you in those areas of your life and learn to Live out Your Faith with your Thoughts, and Actions.